Established Circa 1875
Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Bank erosion can be caused by :
- Loose soil being washed away when the river is in spate.
- Cattle or sheep coming down to the river to drink – usually at the same place every time.
- Unstable banks due to lack of bank-side vegetation and/or trees.
There are several ways to protect vulnerable areas:
- Plant trees along the bank sides and encourage the growth of vegetation.
- Fence off areas of livestock erosion, repair the bank and encourage new growth of vegetation.
- Protect vulnerable areas of loose soil using groynes.